Pacemakers and protheses

If you wear a pace-maker or any ferromagnetic medical aid (prothesis), please contact the Medical Service before you enter the Experimental Hall. The Medical Service is located opposite the restaurant, and is open Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 17:00.

ESRF nurse: +33 (0) 476 20 7447 (from ESRF phone: 7447)  
Doctor: +33 (0) 476 20 7871 (from ESRF phone: 7871)            

For Users resident in the European Union

Before coming to the ESRF, you need to obtain certain insurance documents. These documents certify that the holder is temporarily affiliated to the French Social Security and is therefore entitled to medical treatment, partially or entirely reimbursed by the French social security, whilst working in France. Prior to your departure, your employer must contact the social security office (International Relations) of your country; this office will complete the appropriate forms.

Documents to obtain:

  • E101: Employees working in two or more countries of the European Economic Area (EEA) need to apply for form E101. This document certifies that the holder continues to pay social security in his or her country whilst working temporarily in another EU country. This means that the holder will not be required to pay national insurance or similar contributions in other EEA countries.          

    Plus either:
  • CEAM (European Card for Sickness Benefit): For persons detached in France for a period not exceeding 1 year, or for the first year of a longer detachment.   

  • E106: For persons coming for a period of more than one year, or, in case of an extended work period, the second year.

Users resident outside the European Union

You are not entitled to a temporary affiliation in France. You should keep all invoices and receipts to give to your own social security and/or private insurance company.